Thursday, October 30, 2008

Cloudy Day and a Bum Ankle

So I am not really sure what happened, but I have this huge bruise on my ankle. I went to dance class and yoga on Tuesday and had no problems until I tried to do the cool down exercise. This involves sitting in a cross legged position for a stretch. When I put my right ankle down on the floor, it really hurt, but I thought nothing of it. Then, yesterday as I was doing day two of week two jogging, my ankle felt really stiff, but no real pain. I switched from the elliptical machine over to the treadmill for my cool down, and that is when I noticed it. I had this huge bruise peeking out from my shoe. The entire malleolus, that sticky out bone on the outside of the ankle, is one huge localized bruise. Being an athletic trainer as a former career, I found this rather intriguing. Usually ankle sprains do not present like this, nor do I remember actually hurting the ankle in any way. So, I put myself on no standing and leg elevated orders. It has made things interesting around the house. I can do a lot of Brenna's present while sitting down, but my ankle gets really stiff, so I need to take breaks often to sit with the leg elevated. I have even let 826 know that I will not be in for tutoring today. It is a total bummer since we are having our Halloween/Dia de Los Muertos party this afternoon. Bummed! I also was going to meet Dan for lunch today.... also canceled. I am hoping to put this day to good use. It is cloudy and cool, so I can finally crack out my teapot and warmer and sit down for some dedicated work with some fine tea. I would like to be done cutting out the alphabet for this gift today and move onto some other shapes. I am also working on another project that I cannot discuss until after the holidays. I am taking pictures though for that big after Christmas posting. Well I am going to limp my way into the shower and try that out today. We will see how things go.

No comments: