Thursday, March 26, 2009

Viva Las Vegas!

I am realizing today that I leave tomorrow for my trip to fabulous Las Vegas. This trip really crept up on me! I am going for my friend Christine's bachelorette party. It should be a fun filled time with lots of silliness. Don't look for an update as to this weekend's activities though because we all know... what happens in Vegas stays there. I finally has some "girl" moments in my life. Yesterday, after getting my hair done, I went shopping for some last minute additions to my wardrobe for the trip. It was the first time in a long time that I actually enjoyed shopping. I can finally understand now how some women can blow through a ton of money shopping. I know I am coming to this a little late in the game, but it was genuinely fun. I also bought my first pair of "grown-up" heels. I have never been one for heeled shoes seeing as I am a clumsy person, but it was time to take the leap into wearing real women's shoes. They look great and are actually, dare I say it, kind of comfy. It took me over six stores to finally settle on one of the first pairs I tried on early that day. This is also a running theme in my life.

So for today all I really have planned is laundry and getting ready for the trip. I have to return a dress for a smaller size because I was having a bad day shopping when I bought it originally. Today is also Thursday, so it is a tutoring day as well. I hope to listen to the two songs I have narrowed down for the April 11th performance and pick the song I will do. I also will start my memorization of the song today. If there is any time left I will work on more embroidery for that belt. Lots on the plate and so much excitement for the weekend. It already feels like Friday!

No comments: