Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Wine and a Running Start

This weekend, Dan, Annie and her beau, and I went out to the Livermore Harvest Wine Celebration. Needless to say, I forgot to take any pictures of the event since I was enjoying myself so much. We got to taste wine from many different wineries both at the fair and also at the wineries themselves. While the wine was not necessarily in my favorite types, it was wonderful weather with beautiful scenery and great friends. We also attended The Shotgun Players version of Animal Farm. It was another wonderful production with imaginative sets and musical numbers. This one was full of rap stylings and step style dance. The movie marathon also went on with a movie last night of "Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium," and earlier in the weekend we watched "Boiler Room." Both were pretty good, although "Mr. Magorium" to us was lacking. It felt like the cutting room floor took too much of the movie, and the message was too dumbed down and simplistic.

I also worked more on the hand sewing on the elephant and peacock belt, and it is coming close to completion. I hope to get some early Christmas present supplies today or tomorrow. I am very intent on getting things done earlier this year. Well I want to get a running start on the short week, so I am off to get some last minute laundry into the system and finish off a personal choli that has been lagging around. Then an afternoon trip up to the fabric stores and perhaps the yarn shop, but that may wait for a trip with my knitting coach! It is much more fun going to the shop with her.

2 comments:

Ivy said...

Oh, yes, we must go to the knitting store! Are you going to knitting this week? We could go after that. :)

Fabulous Pants said...

I don't think I can make it this weekend. Annie and I planned to can. I always get the weekends for knitting mixed up! How about next weekend or the next knitting weekend?