Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Life Returning to Normal in 3 - 2 - 1

Life has been pretty hectic over the past few weeks, and the lack of blogging is on of the results. Certain things, though, kept in motion. The Aerogarden is really taking off. While I am slightly concerned that the thyme plant is going to eventually get choked out by the dill and basil, overall the garden is thriving. The outdoor plants however are stunted. I believe my over zealousness started that part of the garden too early. The patio is still not getting much direct sunlight, so the plants are languishing. The zucchini have gotten a few leaves, but the cucumbers are doing nothing. The beans are also stalled out. The peas, however, seem to be pretty happy. They are slowly climbing up the trellis and are very full with leaves. I hope that they are at least happy. My tomatoes are still inside as well as my peppers. I also had to restart more beans. The two that I planted outside are the only ones to germinate. the others just went bad. The new ones look rather healthy, and the largest ones are going outside into the box today. I am afraid that if I leave them inside any longer they will slump due to not having a pole to wrap around. Hopefully they do not stall out too much themselves. Needles to say, there is a lot of gardening that needs to be done today. I also want to redo my chives into their own pot as well. It will be nice to eventually redo the herb box. I just need more sun on the balcony. Hopefully the time change will start to have an effect sooner than later.

So over the last two weeks I have been rather busy getting ready and performing at Rakkasah. My friend Christine came the last weekend in February, and I had a wonderful time with her. We went around the city and saw all sorts of fun things including the Chinese New Year Parade in San Francisco. It was an action packed weekend. All the fun though came to an end when I dropped her off at the airport. I quickly came down with the flu and was out of commission for a week. It was stressful as I was looking to have that week for costuming and completing all the sewing I had to do before the show, including redoing the bra pictured here. I loved this bra the first time I made it, but it had some flaws that needed to be fixed. This second time around I could not be happier. It even has me considering making coin bras for Fabulous Pants! I also had to make another 25 yard skirt. It looked like I was sewing up mummy bandages in the sewing room. The white underskirt was beautiful with my other skirt over. It looked like a beautiful petticoat under the main skirt. I think I will be using this combination for many a show! Now if only I could figure out the ruffle foot on the machine... it would have made this project much easier. It would also open up the possibility of me adding 25 yard skirts to the shop. Let me know if there is interest in either the skirts or the bras! I would be happy to open up the creativity to those items if they are something you all have a desire for.

Now I am off for that gardening and returning to some of the normal mundane tasks that have been ignored over the show prep. There is cleaning to do and books to balance.

No comments: