Monday, June 9, 2008

Through the Looking Glass

Just as a preface: I have decided to help people out by having a blog on both LiveJournal and Blogger. The blogs will mirror each other, and the content on both will be exactly the same. I am hoping that by doing this it will make everyone's lives easier. People on LJ can friend me and keep me in their radar screen just like people on Blogger can keep me in their sites as well. (Not that I have figured out how to find you all yet. ;) ) So There are going to be several postings tonight to get this blog up to speed with the live journal. I will list the original posting dates from the other blog on the tops of these entries.

May 21st, 2008 - Getting my Feet Wet
I have just started to set up this blog and am having a harder time configuring things than I thought I would. I am not the most savvy of computer users, but I am no shrinking violet either. I have been working on getting my Etsy store, http://www.fabulouspants.etsy.com , off the ground, and am finding promotion the hardest thing. I am still awaiting my first sale, but I am optimistic that I can get it sometime soon. On the slate today in the shop is to take some pictures of new items and start work again on a fully hand embroidered tribal style dance belt. I am adding the shiny metal parts of the shisha now. It is my first attempt at this, and I am hoping that my lightweight style solution will help the design out.

Also on the slate today is to shoot into San Fran and work a shift at the Pirate Store. This is a non-profit neighborhood tutoring program that also runs the only independent Pirate Supply store. More on this in another post. It will be my first shift there, so I am sure there will be a lot to talk about tomorrow.

No comments: