Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Summer Cold

So I have not posted in a while mostly because I have been hit hard with a summer cold. There is nothing worse than a summer cold. It is nice outside and everything seems so beautiful and bright, but all you want is to snuggle under blankets, which is too warm, sleep, but it is too bright, and be a slug. Yet, there is so much to do. I am currently trying to start a running program to help with my dance endurance. I tried to do that on Monday... big mistake. Then I tossed around the idea of going to the studio for yoga on Monday and dance on Tuesday. Needless to say, I missed both. It was disappointing especially since this was the first week back to the studio for our teacher in quite a few weeks. Today though, I am feeling back to normal. The hard part today will be to not over do it and still fit in a nap somewhere.

I don't quite know how it happens, but the house continually seems to be coming apart at the seams. I guess that is part of living in a smaller space. We still have some boxes of books lined up from our move last April, and I suppose that does not help me in making the house seem organized. We kind of just push the pile around as needed. It just takes more to keep it neat around here. So I need to get the house back into order and running again today. That means not only cleaning but making a killer dinner for the husband. I am dying for a good meal, and tonight we are having one. There is gyro meat to spice, tzatziki to make, yogurt to culture, and pita to be made. It is going to be great, and I cannot wait.

I did get a little done for the store. I did some specking out of things for a new product. Hopefully I will have some of those up in the next month or so. I also picked up that belt that I have been embroidering, specifically cross stitching, for a while now. I was really into this belt a year ago, and then got frustrated with the shisha mirrors, so I put it down. I let it languish for a year until I realized how beautiful it was again. I picked it up yesterday and really became attached to it again. Since I put it down a year ago, I had read about several new shisha techniques, including a faux shisha. I decided to go with that one. I think the lightweight pallets will work out better than the full size mirror. I also am using clairber rings for the enclosure method. That way, if the pallet ever needs replacing, it will be an easy fix. I hope to have some preliminary pictures up tomorrow of the progress. Well there is so much to do and so little time in a day. I am off to conquer it, as well as get that nap so that I do not loop back into this cold.

No comments: