I finished up the tutu yesterday. It was a really fun project, and I am rather pleased with how it turned out. I look all over the web for different tutu tutorials (I love that phrase)and found that I really liked the one made by Plumtickled. I decided that Claudia is old enough to not untie all the tulle and she is also old enough to use an elastic banded one with out incident. Hopefully my judgments were all sound. I ended up picking up two rolls of 6" tulle for this project, one in pink and one in purple, because those are Claudia's favorite colors. She seemed to wear them a lot when I was out in Delaware to visit. I also found a great matching ribbon in the sale bin for a pretty bow on the back. I cannot wait to pack it up and send it off to the birthday girl. Here are some pictures of the finished piece.
I hope the future ballerina enjoys her first tutu. I also hope her parents don't kill me for it! :)
For today, I want to take things a bit easy. I have lots of promos to make and send out by the end of the week, so it looks like I have a date with some felt and a circle cutter. I hope to get my usual fortune cookies made and out the door by Friday. My goal is 350, but I will be happy with 200. I just hope I have a box somewhere that they will all fit in.