Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Rainy Day Thoughts

It is raining here in the Bay, a delightful soft rain that makes the world seem clean and fresh. In the short time that I have lived in Oakland, the one thing that I miss often is the spring and summer storms of the Midwest. I love the clean feeling of a storm. I miss the power of thunder and lightning. I, however, don't miss the continual snow that seems to be going on this year. I am quite glad that the rain is here. As an avid allergy sufferer, the tree pollen was beginning to get to me, and the rain will help knock some of that out of the air. Rain also always comforts me when I have decisions to make, and a big one currently on my mind seems to be solved the more the rain falls today. I also love rain because it helps me focus. Lately I have not been able to get down to work on the double fans piece I am performing this weekend. The piece remains unfinished and unpracticed. I can see in my head what I would like to do with it, but I cannot seem to translate that into my body. Hopefully today, with the cleansing and renewing rain, I will finally be able to move past what is going on and settle in for some great choreography. I am also going to take a break today to make some new hairflowers for the shop. Look for them here and there in the coming days. For now, I am going to be content with the soft sounds of falling rain and know that good work will be accomplished today with the focus a rain shower brings me.

No comments: